The Colorado Symphony will present the Colorado premiere of Star Wars: A New Hope Thursday March 22, 2018 at 7pm and Saturday March 24, 2018 at 2pm at the 1stBank Center.
These performances featuring screening of the complete film Star Wars: A New Hope, with Oscar-winning composer John Williams’s musical scores performed live to the films by the Colorado Symphony. The concerts will be led by the Colorado Symphony’s Music Director, Brett Mitchell.
Since the release of the first Star Wars movie nearly 40 years ago, the Star Wars saga has had a seismic impact on both cinema and culture, inspiring audiences around the world with its mythic storytelling, captivating characters, groundbreaking special effects, and iconic musical scores composed by Williams. Fans will be able to experience the scope and grandeur of these beloved Star Wars films in a live symphonic concert experience. Beginning with 1977’s A New Hope, for which Williams earned an Academy Award for Best Original Score.
Williams has won five Academy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, seven British Academy Film
Awards, and 22 Grammy Awards. With 50 Academy Award nominations, Williams is the Academy’s most nominated living person and the second most-nominated individual in history, after Walt Disney.
In 2005 the American Film Institute selected Williams’s score to 1977’s Star Wars as the greatest American film score of all time. The soundtrack to Star Wars also was preserved by the Library of Congress in the National Recording Registry, for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.” Williams was inducted into the Hollywood Bowl’s Hall of Fame in 2000, and he received the Kennedy Center Honors in 2004, the National Medal of Arts in 2009, and the AFI Life Achievement Award in 2016. Williams has composed the scores for eight of the top 20 highest grossing films at the U.S. box office (adjusted for inflation).
All seats are reserved seating. Tickets are $85 – $45 plus applicable service charges, taxes, and fees. All ages are welcome.
Purchase Tickets Online.
Psst… The Denver Ear is giving out a pair of tickets to one of our readers. Check out our Facebook Page from Saturday, December 30, 2017 through Tuesday, January 2, 2018 for more details!
The Star Wars Film Concert Series is produced under license by Disney Concerts in association with 20th Century Fox and Warner/Chappell Music. STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend: July 20 – 22, 2018 - July 19, 2018
- Psst… 8 Best Undiscovered Hot Springs in Colorado - July 15, 2018
- Psst… Vail Farmers’ Market’s Farm-to-Table Dinner Series - July 15, 2018
- Psst… 30 Things to do in Denver this July 2018 - June 30, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Independence Day Weekend 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Psst… Five Points Pizza Re-Opening July 2018 - June 27, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend: June 22 – 24, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Psst… Free Outdoor Summer Concerts in Denver 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Psst… Summer Festivals 2018 Colorado Guide - June 20, 2018
- Psst… What to with Kids in Denver this Weekend June 16 – 17, 2018 - June 15, 2018