Rye Society, a Jewish delicatessen that blends the best of traditional and contemporary food and decor, will open in the first quarter of 2018 in the River North Art District in Denver.
Fueled by the explosive demand for quality, accessible, and memorable food experiences in Denver’s booming RiNo neighborhood, Rye Society, will be located in the former Hutch & Spoon space at 3090 Larimer St.
Rye Society will open with an unrivaled pedigree. Owned and operated by fourth generation Colorado-native Jerrod Rosen, a French Culinary Institute trained chef who honed his front of house hospitality skills at the three Michelin-starred restaurant Per Se with Thomas Keller, and again later with dining guru Danny Meyer at the award-winning Tabla Restaurant in New York City. Rye Society will also open with the expertise of legendary local Chef Ryan Leinonen, who met Rosen while they both worked at Denver’s vaunted Colt & Gray.
Rosen’s family’s presence in the Denver culinary scene is nothing new. His paternal grandfather owned Rosen’s Grocery in the 1930’s, and his maternal grandfather owned the Oasis Drive-in on Colfax and Williams in the 1960’s.
Leinonen, the former owner/operator at Denver’s Ballpark Neighborhood restaurant Trillium, Executive Sous Chef at Denver’s award-winning Colt & Gray, Executive Chef at Root Down, and Chef de Cuisine with The Kitchen Group, has designed a comprehensive and compelling menu for Rye Society, working with recipes passed down through Rosen’s family. The stars of the show will be Carnegie Deli pastrami flown in from New York City, and housemade Rye Society Pickles, as well as many other Jewish deli staples, often served with a contemporary interpretation.
Psst… Rye Society will host local tasting events in the lead-up to its grand opening, coming early 2018. More information will be posted on Rye Society’s website as it becomes available!
- PSST… 2019 Denver Free Days You Won’t Want to Miss - January 13, 2019
- Psst… 24 Things to do in Denver this January 2019 - January 1, 2019
- Psst… New Year’s Eve 2019 in Denver - December 25, 2018
- Psst… 10 Best Colorado Winter Holiday Festivals 2018-19 - December 13, 2018
- Psst… PAW Patrol Live! Is Coming to Denver - December 11, 2018
- Psst… 32 Things to do in Denver this December 2018 - November 30, 2018
- Psst… Over 40 Holiday Events to Attend in Denver this Winter - November 19, 2018
- Psst… 8 Things to do in Colorado this Winter - November 3, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend November 3 – 4, 2018 - November 3, 2018
- Psst… 26 Things to do in Denver this November 2018 - October 30, 2018