Rye Society, a Jewish delicatessen that blends the best of traditional and contemporary food and decor, will open in the first quarter of 2018 in the River North Art District in Denver.
Fueled by the explosive demand for quality, accessible, and memorable food experiences in Denver’s booming RiNo neighborhood, Rye Society, will be located in the former Hutch & Spoon space at 3090 Larimer St.
Rye Society will open with an unrivaled pedigree. Owned and operated by fourth generation Colorado-native Jerrod Rosen, a French Culinary Institute trained chef who honed his front of house hospitality skills at the three Michelin-starred restaurant Per Se with Thomas Keller, and again later with dining guru Danny Meyer at the award-winning Tabla Restaurant in New York City. Rye Society will also open with the expertise of legendary local Chef Ryan Leinonen, who met Rosen while they both worked at Denver’s vaunted Colt & Gray.
Rosen’s family’s presence in the Denver culinary scene is nothing new. His paternal grandfather owned Rosen’s Grocery in the 1930’s, and his maternal grandfather owned the Oasis Drive-in on Colfax and Williams in the 1960’s.
Leinonen, the former owner/operator at Denver’s Ballpark Neighborhood restaurant Trillium, Executive Sous Chef at Denver’s award-winning Colt & Gray, Executive Chef at Root Down, and Chef de Cuisine with The Kitchen Group, has designed a comprehensive and compelling menu for Rye Society, working with recipes passed down through Rosen’s family. The stars of the show will be Carnegie Deli pastrami flown in from New York City, and housemade Rye Society Pickles, as well as many other Jewish deli staples, often served with a contemporary interpretation.
Psst… Rye Society will host local tasting events in the lead-up to its grand opening, coming early 2018. More information will be posted on Rye Society’s website as it becomes available!
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend January 19 – 21, 2018 - January 19, 2018
- Psst… Where to Eat the Best Tacos in Denver - January 18, 2018
- Psst… Swingin’ Denver’s Speakeasy Soirée - January 13, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this MLK Weekend 2018 - January 13, 2018
- Psst… Rye Society to Open in RiNo Early 2018 - January 11, 2018
- Psst… Oskar Blues Grill & Brew Grand Opening Weekend Throwdown - January 5, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend January 5 – 7, 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Psst… Star Wars: A New Hope Live in Concert with the Colorado Symphony - December 29, 2017
- Psst… Celebrate NYE 2018 in Denver with your Kids at these Events! - December 29, 2017
- Psst… 25 Things to do in Denver this January 2018 - December 28, 2017