Do you feel genuine envy while watching Rapunzel’s lantern festival scenes? Well now you can experience a real lantern festival in Colorado this May!
The Lights Fest™ will be making a stop at Colorado Motor Sports Park, in the Byers area (roughly an hour east of Denver), on Saturday, May 6th, 2017!
The Lights Fest is an experience where thousands of friends and families gather to listen to live music, fill up on food trucks and light up life by sharing personal wishes, dreams and goals. At the perfect moment, everyone ignites their personalized sky lanterns with Tiki torches and lets them take flight. It creates a surreal ambiance, where time slows down as your single flame rises with thousands of others. Come fill the sky with what lights you.
Once you arrive, make your way on over to the “Check-in” tents, where you hand them your signed waiver and show them your receipt. They will then provide you a lantern, swag bag, flashlight and marker. Grab a spot next to one of their Tiki torches by the stage before you go wandering about with your family and friends.
Around twilight, the fun begins. You can experience live entertainment, music for the whole family, dancing, as well as local artists. They will also have kid friendly activities like face painting and bouncy houses.
At some point in the evening you will be informed it’s time to launch your lantern, and you will witness thousands of lanterns fill the sky!
The Lights Fest is a for-profit event, yet works with local non-profits in every city, as well as national charities that they are passionate about.
Tickets to the Light Fest sell-out every year and range from $35 – $55 per person. Psst… Early Bird Tickets are now on sale!
For more information regarding The Lights Fest™ Denver 2017, and to purchase tickets, visit their website, and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Colorado Motor Sports Park is located at 2050 Peoria Rd, Byers, CO 80103.
- Psst… Denver’s South Broadway Country Club, Open to Non-Members Only - February 20, 2019
- PSST… 20 Denver Date Ideas That Don’t Involve Going to a Restaurant - February 14, 2019
- Psst… The 15 Best Places to Host a Party in Denver - February 11, 2019
- PSST… 70+ Things To Do in Denver | The Ultimate Denver Bucket List - January 20, 2019
- PSST… 12 New Denver Restaurants That You Have to Try in 2019 - January 18, 2019
- PSST… 2019 Denver Free Days You Won’t Want to Miss - January 13, 2019
- Psst… 24 Things to do in Denver this January 2019 - January 1, 2019
- Psst… New Year’s Eve 2019 in Denver - December 25, 2018
- Psst… 10 Best Colorado Winter Holiday Festivals 2018-19 - December 13, 2018
- Psst… PAW Patrol Live! Is Coming to Denver - December 11, 2018