Lawson Adventure Park, Colorado’s newest outdoor family playground, will celebrate its grand opening Friday, July 29th, through Sunday, July 31st, 2016!
Covering more than 40 acres in Clear Creek County, the park is less than an hour drive from Denver just outside of Idaho Springs. Lawson Adventure Park is opening in three phases, this first grand opening weekend celebrates the completion of the adventure side of the park. Activities the entire family will love include:
ZORBing – the popular sport of rolling down a hill in a giant orb (reminiscent of a hamster ball).
Via Ferrata – an exhilarating rock climbing experience for adventurous first timers on a protected climbing route that allows kids to scramble up a rock face safely using our hand-holds while harnessed in and guided by professionals
Challenge Course – an eight element challenge course with routes featuring a 36 foot tower, sky bridge, log staircase, zip-line, and more.
Frisbee-Golf – a nine-hole course sends players through the woods.
In addition, Lawson Adventure Park has acquired multiple activities from the iconic Heritage Square; bringing the family fun experience to 8,200’ offering a bungee trampoline, maze, gyro-sphere extreme, and more. In coming months, various lodging accommodations will be opening as well. The final phases of the park’s grand opening will feature:
Lodging grand opening phase 1 – campsites and the first few modern cabins will open in mid-August.
Park completion – upon park completion in mid-September, lodging accommodations will include a campground, modern cabins, and “glamping” yurts.
“Our sole purpose is to be an easily accessible atmosphere of fun and excitement for everyone, with activities designed to please the local residents and visitors to our state,” said Greg Books, founder and CEO of Lawson Adventure Park.
The adventure park is dedicated to the environment and has been built to maintain a green footprint. It is also a proud supporter of local Colorado businesses, featuring items from Sweetwood Cattle Company, Four Points Bars, Bison Designs, Tamagear, Pakems, and more in its retail store.
To celebrate its grand opening weekend all activities will be 20% off Friday, July 29th through Sunday, July 30th, 2016. Ticket options vary on activity, packages are also available. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Lawson Adventure Park check-in facility at 1041b County Road #308 Downieville, CO 80436.
Psst… Check out The Denver Ear’s Facebook Page from Friday, July 29th through Sunday, July 31st, 2016 to learn how you can win a Day Pass Family Four-Pack (retail value $596)!
The park is located at 3424 Alvarado Rd, Dumont, CO 80436.
For more information visit lawsonadventurepark.com.
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend: July 20 – 22, 2018 - July 19, 2018
- Psst… 8 Best Undiscovered Hot Springs in Colorado - July 15, 2018
- Psst… Vail Farmers’ Market’s Farm-to-Table Dinner Series - July 15, 2018
- Psst… 30 Things to do in Denver this July 2018 - June 30, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Independence Day Weekend 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Psst… Five Points Pizza Re-Opening July 2018 - June 27, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend: June 22 – 24, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Psst… Free Outdoor Summer Concerts in Denver 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Psst… Summer Festivals 2018 Colorado Guide - June 20, 2018
- Psst… What to with Kids in Denver this Weekend June 16 – 17, 2018 - June 15, 2018