City of Golden’s Glass Orb Treasure Hunt will kick off for 30 days, from September 1st, through September 30th, 2017, in Golden, Colorado.
Each day a beautiful one-of-a-kind glass orb will be placed somewhere in plain sight in Golden city limits. “Finders” are “keepers” of these treasures, handcrafted by local artisans. Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions of how treasure finders can register their orb at the Foothills Art Center, where they will receive a certificate of authenticity and be entered in a drawing on Oct. 2nd, 2017 to win a $200 gift card to be used at select spots in Golden.
“Who doesn’t love the idea of buried treasure?” said Hannah Button, Visit Golden’s community marketing manager. “Only these treasures won’t be buried, they’ll be in plain sight, and will be a wonderful keepsake for those people lucky enough to find them.”
The orbs will be placed at 9am, rain or shine, somewhere on public property within Golden’s city limits. The orbs will always be visible and will never be placed on private property or anywhere that would be unsafe for “treasure hunters” to look. Psst… So don’t climb down creek beds, or on rocks, but look in obvious, safe places, where anyone can go and in plain sight.
The orbs were created by Fort Collins artist Dottie Boscamp and Golden artists Marcie Miller and Angelo Ambrosia using centuries-old glass blowing techniques to create unique works of art.
Treasure hunters are encouraged to share their discoveries. Just take a picture of the treasure and where you found it and share it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #goldenglassorbhunt. Be sure to follow Visit Golden’s social media @VisitGoldenCO and Foothills Art Center at @foothillsartcenter to see posts on the hunt and get ideas of where the treasures may be placed.
All treasure finders should register their orb at the Foothills Art Center, Mon.-Sat. 10am to 5pm, or Sun. 12pm to 5pm, where they will receive a certificate of authenticity.
For more information on Golden, check out visitgolden.com.
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend February 24 – 25, 2018 - February 23, 2018
- Psst… Where to Drink the Best Margaritas in Denver - February 22, 2018
- Psst… Sloth Weekend at Denver Aquarium - February 19, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this President’s Day Weekend 2018 - February 16, 2018
- Psst… 18 Unique Things to do in [And Around] Denver this Valentine’s Day - February 9, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend February 9 – 11, 2018 - February 9, 2018
- Psst… 10 Best Pizza Places in Denver - February 9, 2018
- Psst… Julep Opens in RiNo - February 2, 2018
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend February 2 – 4, 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Psst… 27 Things to do in Denver this February 2018 - January 31, 2018