Halloween (my favorite time of year) is just around the corner and luckily, there is no need to wait till October to enjoy all the ghoulishly-scary and fun attractions that accompany this fun holiday because Denver Haunted Houses are back!
13th Floor Entertainment Group brings Denver the two scariest haunted houses in town – the 13th Floor and the Asylum, returning for an eighth season.Hailed by Fangoria Magazine as “the #1 scariest haunted attraction in the U.S.,” the 13th Floor haunted house takes guests through a frightening tour of horror. Brave guests will learn just why the 13th floor is so often omitted from building plans – if they make it through to tell the tale.”
The 13th Floor Haunted House will open its doors from this Friday, September 18th 2015 through Saturday, November 7th 2015! (They are also holding a 2-day “Blackout” event with the lights OFF on Nov. 13th & 14th)
- “Hallow House” – Tour the abandoned Hallow House, featuring Mr. Heykids, the “Undead Clown” at the 13th Floor Haunted House. Obsessed with creating the ultimate Halloween spectacle, Mr. Heykids would don his clown costume and face paint, inviting the passing children to tour the infamous Hallow House. That was until people began to go missing on Halloween and the town outlawed trick or treating, forcing Mr. Heykids to close the Hallow House forever. They say you can still hear the laughs of the clowns and the screams of children echoing from inside.
- “Feral Moon” – Beware of the werewolves and vampires running loose in a cemetery on a distant hill overlooking the imaginary town of Blackmoor. The cemetery is filled with crumbling, cavernous crypts and tombs, and a century-old curse allowing the creatures of the night to roam freely and feed in the moonlight. On the eve of this full “Feral Moon,” werewolves will once again ravage the town of Blackmoor.
- “Undead: What Lies Beneath” – Many levels beneath the research facility, you will find many creatures and beasts from past experiments: some failed, some mutated and some that have simply gone awry. The experiments dwelling below are growing restless. Despite all knowledge gained while conducting their research, the scientists have forgotten one important detail…you cannot simply kill the Undead.
Ticket prices range from $25.99+tax to $29.99+tax with an optional additional $10 extra for a limited wait reservation or $20 extra for immediate entry. To purchase tickets go to –> www.13thfloorhauntedhouse.com/hours.html
13th Floor Haunted House Hours
Friday, Sept. 18 – Saturday, Nov. 7 – 13th Floor operating dates
7:30pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday
7:30pm – 10:30pm during September
7pm – midnight on Fridays through October
6:30pm – 12:30am on Saturdays in October, except Oct. 3 6:30pm – midnight
7pm – 11pm on Sundays, except Sept. 27 & Nov. 1 7:30pm – 10:30pm
13th Floor Haunted House
4120 Brighton Blvd, Denver 80216
The Asylum haunted house is Denver’s #1 rated haunted attraction. Back again, this 1800’s era themed “hospital for the mentally insane” has been taken over by the patients and prisoners. Tapping into some of our greatest fears, the haunted experience is a head trip that screams of its tortured souls inside the once orderly insane asylum.
The Asylum Haunted House will open its doors from this Friday, September 25th 2015 through Sunday, November 1st 2015!
- “Post Mortem: The Escape” – A virus continues to spread in the streets unabated. Perhaps the only way to truly learn how to tame the virus is to see how it takes hold of the living test subjects are needed. The virus has become fast acting and is now able to transmit from the dead to the living in a matter of minutes. If you find yourself trapped near those afflicted, whether living or dead, you must find a way out. The clock is ticking…
- “Primitive Fear: Patient Alpha – The Super Soldier” – They were lied to. They were experimented on. They were left for dead and locked in the quarantine zone. Patient Alpha, the super soldier, and its mutated horde of undead drones, now run the quarantined town. Stay together and keep moving, rumors are there may be a key to survival and a potential cure in The Abandoned Asylum. Survival is our only hope.
- “The Abandoned” – Their sickness was deemed untreatable- at least by the medical practices of the time. All resources had been exhausted and doctors were incapable of finding a cure. What could be done with them? They can’t reside with the unafflicted living. It seems the virus reacts differently with those deemed, “clinically insane”. The inner struggle exists between the sickness that wants to take hold and the power of an irrational mind. They must be kept locked away until a complete and final cure can be developed, but it could take years. They have lived in their fortress of solitude for decades, the inner battle continues, but one thing’s certain: they-have-lived. Societies’ misunderstanding could be the biggest mistake. Is the key to life found among The Abandoned?
Ticket prices range from $25.99+tax to $29.99+tax with an optional additional $10 extra for a limited wait reservation or $20 extra for immediate entry. To purchase tickets go to–> www.asylumdenver.com/hours.html
The Asylum Haunted House Hours
Friday, Sept. 25 – Sunday, Nov. 1 – Asylum operating dates
7:30pm – 10pm Sunday – Thursday
7pm – midnight Friday – Saturday
Special hours on Friday, Oct. 2nd – 3rd 7pm – 11pm
The Asylum Haunted House
6100 E 39th Ave, Denver 80207
Both haunted houses are owned and operated by Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group, a national company managing eight haunted houses across four states and five cities (Denver, Austin, San Antonio, Phoenix and Chicago). “We are excited to bring Denver more screams and scares in 2015 with our two top haunted attractions, 13th Floor and Asylum,” said Chris Stafford, partner at Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group. “Each one is unique and guaranteed to deliver an amazing and entertaining way to celebrate the fall season.”
As the only company in the country to produce haunted houses on a national scale, Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is able to secure Hollywood special effects artists and world-renowned haunted house set designers.
Who’s ready to get scared?!