If you are a thrill-seeker, then Colorado is the perfect state to experience some the scariest thrill rides in the world! We’ve rounded up the top 10 scariest ones in descending order. Are you brave enough to try them?
- Cliffhanger Roller Coaster
- Sling Shot
- Glenwood Canyon Flyer
- Star Flyer
- CloudScraper Zip Line
- Giant Canyon Swing
- Royal Rush Skycoaster
10 OF THE SCARIEST THRILL RIDES IN COLORADO
#10 BAT-A-PULT | CAVE OF THE WINDS
Cave of the Winds features the ride Bat-A-Pult, an epic, 1200-foot round-trip aerial attraction high along Williams Canyon. The ride leaves from its roost high in the rafters of the Pavilion, launching you on an 1,200-foot round-trip flight at speeds of nearly 40 miles per hour.
#9 CLIFFHANGER ROLLER COASTER | GLENWOOD CAVERNS ADVENTURE PARK
The Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, is highest elevation roller coaster in North America. This 7100 feet in elevation thrill ride hurls you above the Colorado River, at 1450 feet above ground.
#8 SLING SHOT | ELITCH GARDENS THEME & WATER PARK
The Sling Shot, at Elitch Gardens, launches you into the air, and back down, all inside a slingshot ball. This ride’s speed accelerates to 80 miles per hour from a standstill position, all in just a few short seconds.
#7 GLENWOOD CANYON FLYER | GLENWOOD CAVERNS ADVENTURE PARK
Dangle 1300 feet over the Colorado River on Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park’s Glenwood Canyon Flyer. This thrill ride takes you round and round, until you feel like you are really flying.
#6 STAR FLYER | ELITCH GARDENS
Elitch Gardens’ new thrill ride, the Star Flyer, ascends you to the height of a 17-floor tower, and once you reach the top it spins you round and round the air at speeds up to 50 miles per hour.
#5 XLR8R | ELITCH GARDENS
Elitch Gardens’ XLR8R pulls you 150 feet above ground in the air and drops you in a free-fall, bungee jump style, until your harness stretches out completely and you experience back and forth swinging mid-air.
#4 CLOUDSCRAPER ZIP LINE | ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE & PARK
The CloudScraper Zip Line at Royal Gorge Bridge & Park is, at 1,200 feet above ground, the highest zip line in North America. This thrill ride allows you to zip through the air hands-free.
#3 GIANT CANYON SWING | GLENWOOD CAVERNS ADVENTURE PARK
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park features the Giant Canyon Swing, a thrill ride that launches you out into Glenwood Canyon, 1,300 feet above the Colorado River. This four-person ride swings you back and forth, and soars through the air at a speed of to 50 miles per hour.
#2 TERROR-DACTYL | CAVE OF THE WINDS
The Terror-Dactyl ride, at the Cave of the Winds, is the first ride of its kind worldwide, and sits on the edge of a 200-foot cliff in Williams Canyon in Manitou Springs. Those brave enough to ride it will be securely strapped in, and launched 200 feet into the canyon at nearly 100 miles per hour.
#1 ROYAL RUSH SKYCOASTER | ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE & PARK
The Royal Rush Skycoaster at Royal Gorge Bridge & Park sweeps you through the air in a free fall at a speed of 50 miles per hour, all while your feet are dangling at 1,200 feet above the Arkansas River.
- Psst… Pumpkin Patches in and around Denver 2017 [Interactive Map] - September 19, 2017
- Psst… Micro Brew Fest Denver - September 18, 2017
- Psst… 10 [More] Colorado Instagrammers You Simply Must Follow - September 15, 2017
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend September 15 – 17, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- Psst… 13th Floor and The Asylum Haunted Houses Back for 16th Season! - September 14, 2017
- Psst… Wally’s Wisconsin Tavern Opens in Denver - September 12, 2017
- Psst… CherryArts Festival at Stanley Marketplace - September 11, 2017
- Psst… Award-Winning Hollywood Actor to Open Acting Studio in Denver - September 8, 2017
- Psst… Fall, Pumpkin and Harvest Festivals 2017 Colorado - September 8, 2017
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend September 8th – 10th, 2017 - September 7, 2017