City of Golden’s Glass Orb Treasure Hunt will kick off for 30 days, from September 1st, through September 30th, 2017, in Golden, Colorado.
Each day a beautiful one-of-a-kind glass orb will be placed somewhere in plain sight in Golden city limits. “Finders” are “keepers” of these treasures, handcrafted by local artisans. Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions of how treasure finders can register their orb at the Foothills Art Center, where they will receive a certificate of authenticity and be entered in a drawing on Oct. 2nd, 2017 to win a $200 gift card to be used at select spots in Golden.
“Who doesn’t love the idea of buried treasure?” said Hannah Button, Visit Golden’s community marketing manager. “Only these treasures won’t be buried, they’ll be in plain sight, and will be a wonderful keepsake for those people lucky enough to find them.”
The orbs will be placed at 9am, rain or shine, somewhere on public property within Golden’s city limits. The orbs will always be visible and will never be placed on private property or anywhere that would be unsafe for “treasure hunters” to look. Psst… So don’t climb down creek beds, or on rocks, but look in obvious, safe places, where anyone can go and in plain sight.
The orbs were created by Fort Collins artist Dottie Boscamp and Golden artists Marcie Miller and Angelo Ambrosia using centuries-old glass blowing techniques to create unique works of art.
Treasure hunters are encouraged to share their discoveries. Just take a picture of the treasure and where you found it and share it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #goldenglassorbhunt. Be sure to follow Visit Golden’s social media @VisitGoldenCO and Foothills Art Center at @foothillsartcenter to see posts on the hunt and get ideas of where the treasures may be placed.
All treasure finders should register their orb at the Foothills Art Center, Mon.-Sat. 10am to 5pm, or Sun. 12pm to 5pm, where they will receive a certificate of authenticity.
For more information on Golden, check out visitgolden.com.
- Psst… Celebrate Thanksgiving in Denver - November 18, 2017
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend November 17 – 19, 2017 - November 17, 2017
- Psst… L’Esprit De Noël Holiday Home Tour - November 16, 2017
- Psst… Best Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Denver - November 15, 2017
- Psst… 46 Holiday Events to Attend in Denver this Winter - November 13, 2017
- Psst… Colorado Mills Announces Re-Opening - November 10, 2017
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend November 10 – 12, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Psst… 9 Unique Sushi Spots in Denver - November 9, 2017
- Psst… 8 Things to do in Colorado this Winter - November 8, 2017
- Psst… What to do with Kids in Denver this Weekend November 4 – 5, 2017 - November 4, 2017